The weather will change during Tuesday (16/5), with the return of the rains, which will be combined with African dust.
According to weather forecast models, in some areas, the phenomena will be more intense, which requires the attention of citizens.
In particular, rain will fall mainly in continental areas, while there is a risk of thunderstorms mainly in the west.
The temperature will drop in most regions, while dust transport from Africa is also favored.
The scene will change from that of Monday (15/5), as the temperature across the country has risen again.
According to a network of automatic weather stations at the National Observatory in Athens, maximum recorded mercury readings locally exceeded 33 degrees Celsius, while 23 weather stations showed 30 degrees.
EMY: The weather forecast by region for Tuesday, 05/16/23
According to the National Weather Service weather forecast for Tuesday, May 16, first on the Ionian and western continents, gradually on the rest of the continents and from the evening on the eastern Aegean islands, local rains and sporadic thunderstorms are expected. Effects in the west are likely to be temporarily strong. In the rest of the country, clouds with local rains. Also, the transport of African dust is favored.
The winds will blow west from south directions 4 to 6 and temporarily in the Ionian local 7 Beaufort and to the east east-southeast, while gradually from the west they will turn to south south-west.
The temperature will drop in the west and will reach 23°C in the west and 26 to 28 degrees Celsius in the rest of the regions.
- Weather: Increased clouds and local rain in the afternoon.
- Winds: South-southeast 3 to 5 Beaufort and at the end of the afternoon west-southwest with the same intensity.
- Temperature: 15 to 25 degrees Celsius.
- Weather: Cloudy with local rain and isolated thunderstorms from noon.
- Winds: Variable 2 to 3 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 14 to 23 degrees Celsius.
- Weather: Increase in clouds. Local rains and temporary thunderstorms will occur from the morning in western and central Macedonia and from the afternoon in eastern Macedonia and Thrace.
- Winds: Variable 3 to 4 and temporary in Eastern Thrace at 5 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 11 to 27 degrees Celsius. In western Macedonia, the maximum is 3 to 4 degrees lower.
Ionian Islands, Epirus, Western Sterea, Western Peloponnese
- Weather: Cloudy with local rain and sporadic thunderstorms, possibly strong in places. Decline of the phenomena from the afternoon.
- Winds: South-southeast 4 to 6 and in the Ionian Sea temporarily local 7 Beaufort, which will gradually turn south-southwest.
- Temperature: From 12 to 23 degrees Celsius. Inside Epirus 2 to 3 degrees lower.
Thessaly, Eastern Sterea, Eastern Peloponnese
- Weather: Cloudy with local rain and midday thunderstorms.
- Winds: Variable 3 to 4 and in the south south-southeast 3 to 5 Beaufort, which from the afternoon will veer temporarily from West-South-West to 6 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 15 to 26 degrees Celsius. In the north, the maximum is 2 to 3 degrees lower.
- Weather: Cloudy and afternoon – afternoon temporary local rain and isolated thunderstorms.
- Winds: Variable 3 to 4 and gradually south southwest 3 to 5 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 13 to 25 degrees Celsius.
- Weather: Scattered clouds that will thicken quickly and there will be local showers and possibly isolated thunderstorms.
- Winds: Initially east-southeast 4 to 6 Beaufort and gradually west-southwest.
- Temperature: From 13 to 27 degrees Celsius.
Eastern Aegean Islands – Dodecanese
- Weather: On the eastern Aegean islands, clouds with local rains and from late afternoon sporadic thunderstorms. In the Dodecanese, the scattered clouds will gradually thicken and from the afternoon there will be local rains.
- Winds: East 3 to 5 Beaufort and gradually south-southeast.
- Temperature: From 17 to 28 degrees Celsius. North 2 to 3 degrees lower.
Weather: Areas that need attention for Tuesday 5/16/23 weather
According to Weather, Tuesday, May 16 an increase in cloudiness is forecast, with rain, initially over the Ionian and western continental areas, and gradually over most continental regions. The phenomena will be more intense in the west, where sporadic thunderstorms will occur. A smaller chance of storms is found in parts of the central and northern parts of the country. Local rains will occur after noon in the Aegean Sea and mainly in the evening over the islands of the Northeastern Aegean Sea. Dust concentrations will be relatively high and locally elevated.
The temperature will vary in western and central Macedonia from 9 to 24-26°C, in the rest of northern Greece from 12 to 28-29°C, in Epirus from 15 to 24°C, in Thessaly from 14 to 24- 25°C, in the rest of the continent 16-25-27°C, in the Ionian Islands 18-24°C and in the Aegean Islands 16-28 degrees Celsius, but in Crete and the Dodecanese the maximum will reach 30-31°C and on the eastern Aegean islands 32-33 degrees Celsius.
The winds in the Ionian Sea will blow from southerly directions at 5-6 Beaufort forces, but after noon they will gradually turn to southwest winds at 4-6 Beaufort forces in the southern parts. In the northern Aegean, east northeast winds will blow with intensities of 4-5 Beaufort. In the rest of the Aegean, south-easterly winds will initially blow to 4-5 Beaufort, but in the southern parts and in Crete they will change to westerlies and strengthen locally to 6 Beaufort.
In Attica, there will be few clouds with an increased risk of temporary local rains in the middle of the day and in the early afternoon. The winds will blow mainly from the south with gusts of 3 to 5 Beaufort. Dust concentrations in the atmosphere will be relatively high. The temperature will oscillate between 18 and 26 degrees Celsius.
In Thessaloniki, clouds with passing rain or a thunderstorm are expected in the afternoon. The winds will blow mainly from the east with gusts of 3-4 Beaufort. Dust concentrations in the atmosphere will be relatively high. The temperature will fluctuate between 15 and 23 degrees Celsius.
Arnautoglou: African dust and mud showers on Tuesday 5/16/23 – What time will it fall
The weather will be cloudy in the morning Tuesday, May 16 in almost the whole country, more sparse in the island regions of the east and south-east, according to Sakis Arnautoglou in the ERT weather report.
The atmosphere in the country will be cloudy due to the African dust, more in the west-southwest, where there will also be rains which, combined with the dust, should turn into mud showers. Local storms are possible in the Ionian Sea.
Around noon, the phenomena will move further east and affect the mountainous areas of Peloponnese, northern Sterea, western-northwestern parts of Thessaly and western and central Macedonia.
During the day and late afternoon, the weather in the west will improve. In the mountainous parts of Epirus, Thessaly, northern Sterea and Peloponnese, there is a possibility of scattered showers or local thunderstorms.
Muddy rains towards the afternoon will affect eastern Peloponnese, eastern Sterea, Evia, Cyclades, Crete and central and eastern Macedonia.
Cloudiness is forecast for Attica, gradually increasing and muddy rains mostly in the midday hours. Northwest winds at 3 to 5 Beaufort and temperature 18 to 25 degrees Celsius.
In Thessaloniki and Central Macedonia, the weather will be cloudy from the morning, with light rain showers, more in the afternoon and until the afternoon. Winds will be 3 to 5 Beaufort and temperatures will fluctuate between 13 and 20 degrees Celsius.
Wednesday, May 17 the weather will clear up a bit and warm up. It will be unstable in the west and the highlands with periods of showers of 2h/3h.
Thursday, May 18 there will also be dust, but mostly sunshine. Drillings are expected in Thessaly, Macedonia, Thrace and Thrace.
Friday, May 19 there will be clouds inside the country and Saturday May 20 cloudiness will prevail in the central, western and southern regions.
On the day of the national elections, Sunday May 21the weather will be cloudy and foggy with showers of mud over mountainous northwestern Greece, central and southern Greece.
The temperature is expected at 23°C in the center, 16 to 22°C in the north and 23 degrees Celsius in the south.
Weather: how will it evolve until the elections on Sunday 21/05/23
According to the EMY weekly forecast, Wednesday, May 17 in the west, east of Macedonia and Thrace and at noon and in the afternoon in the rest of the continent and in Crete, there will be a temporary increase in clouds, with local rains and storms mainly isolated in the mountains. In the evening, the weather will improve in most areas except the northeast. In the rest of the country, generally clear weather will prevail.
Winds will be from the west-southwest at 3 to 5 and from the center and south at 6 Beaufort. The temperature will drop slightly and reach 21 to 22°C in the west and 24 to 26 degrees Celsius in the rest.
Thursday, May 18 And Friday May 19 in the northeast, temporarily increased clouds are expected with local rains and sporadic thunderstorms. In the rest of the country, generally clear weather and only in the afternoon in the continental areas, clouds will develop and local rains or isolated thunderstorms will occur mainly in the northern highlands.
Winds will be west northwest at 3 to 5 Beaufort. The temperature will not change noticeably.
Saturday May 20 And Sunday May 21 in the Ionian and continental regions, clouds are expected and from afternoon to afternoon – mainly in the north – rains or local showers. In the rest of the country, scattered clouds.
Winds will blow west from directions east 6 to 7, east from north 4 to 6 Beaufort, but on Sunday they will gradually ease. The temperature will rise slightly.