The rapid developments of the past five years in the world in economics and technology, combined with the catalytic effects of the pandemic, are shaping a new framework for employment and emerging professional fields
Rapid economic and technological developments in the world over the past five years, combined with the catalytic effects of the pandemic, are shaping a new framework for employment and emerging professional fields. The culmination of the impending changes is the exponential use of artificial intelligence which gradually seems to be used by more and more ordinary users. Consequently, several sectors will experience strong negative pressures and several will post a positive employment index more quickly.
Of course, every interested party should always consider 3 basic facts when looking at trends and prospects in every professional field. What are these data?
1. Employability and career advancement in any profession, even those that are developing dynamically, depend to a very large extent on the personality, talents and skills of the person who intends to study it and practice it. Even professions with promising prospects can lose momentum if they don’t match our personality.
2. Many of these professions and specializations are linked to innovative undergraduate programs or professional specializations. This means that a student who is interested in them must learn what is the basic science that will lead him to this branch, while an adult must see how he can immediately specialize in order to practice them directly and be one of the first .
3. A significant number of emerging and innovative specializations are knowledge- and skill-intensive. In fact, there is more and more talk about this issue, just as in Europe there are obvious concerns about the lack of human resources that can staff the sectors characterized by this fact. It is no coincidence that in recent years many knowledge-intensive business services have been created and increasingly strengthened, with a high proportion of specialist scientists who already say they face a staffing problem. staff. We therefore do not limit ourselves here exclusively to the question of academic professional specialization but also of skills. Our country is gradually becoming aware of this problem, for example, in the lack of IT executives
Considering the above, we will first consider some professional specializations that are dynamically developing and at the same time in demand in the labor market for the coming years:
Supply chain managers: The supply chain concerns planning, procurement, production, storage, transport and sales inside and outside companies. At the same time, its scope concerns any type of product or service, such as e.g. food, medicine, oil, etc. and affects the daily life of all of us. Supply chain management, production and management engineers, mechanical engineers, maritime studies, etc. are directly connected, however, the DIPAE department is the most specialized in this area.
– Data scientists. These are the scientists and professionals who are already called upon to manage a huge amount of data and information in many disciplines. Already needed in dozens of industries and even mid-sized companies in order to properly implement either a combination of IT and business, or through the areas of data quality and data integration to extract useful results for research and other purposes. A directly connected path for this specialty is the departments of statistics, computer science, administrative sciences, etc.
– Biostatisticians – Molecular biologists – Biotechnologists: As specialists with the ability to perceive the functioning mechanisms of living systems, to understand functional anomalies, diseases, viruses, bioprocesses and to analyze by extracting specific findings, these specialties are now imagined to be considered not not only as laboratory scientists but also as valuable advisers to the state and competent bodies. The relevant studies for this specialty are the departments of biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, statistics, etc.
– 3D specialists. The 3D and VR track brings 3D imaging and virtual reality closer to the average person than ever before. With applications that start in games and reach culture and medicine, these emerging sectors combined with 3D printing and advanced manufacturing come to provide us with products and services with an ease, precision and possibilities that we do not could not imagine in the past. From “3D printing” a sports shoe and building a house in hours to 3D visualization of Plato’s Academy, 3D Specialists and Industrial Designers are leading yet another field innovation of the 4th industrial revolution by combining CAD/CAM (computer aided design and manufacturing) and new technologies that we still cannot predict until they can reach it. Departments such as Cultural Informatics and Communication, Computer Engineering, Computer Science are relevant study programs
– Robotics & AI Engineers Applied engineering and automation are used and can be maximized in areas such as transportation, industrial production, medicine, etc. For example, in robotic surgery, the surgeon is now in front of a surgical console where he sees the operating field on a screen, and performs the operation by moving special levers. Such a robotic system offers a three-dimensional and precise image to the surgeon, the commands given by the surgeon are transferred digitally, to the articulated surgical arms of a robot, which practically carry out the surgical intervention. At EMMY, IT engineers are the most immediate (but not the only) departments that will equip you with relevant knowledge.
– Actuaries: With the increasingly unpredictable field of risk management and analysis, these specialist scientists will be called upon in the years to come to defuse unpleasant situations or limit their possible consequences. Using mathematics and statistics as a tool, whether working in the insurance industry, working as actuarial consultants, or transitioning to the financial industry, actuaries analyze and help manage the financial risks of all kinds that can arise as a result of many factors and situations. Mathematics, statistics, administrative sciences and technology are the departments generally taken by children who like this field.
– Materials Engineers: The field of materials science and engineering is related to everything related to the design, composition and development of materials used in a multitude of technological applications and beyond. From biocompatible materials with health applications to nanomaterials usable even in space, the materials engineer plays an active role and is involved in fields such as energy, construction, aeronautics, biomedicine, etc The Materials Science Engineering Department of Ioannina offers a lot of expertise in the field, but also the Chemistry and Chemical Engineering departments.
– Solutions Engineers. Having above all a technical background with highly developed soft skills but also skills and knowledge related to customer service and/or sales, this professional specialization is to be seen with a programmer or a software engineer who very often exercises the function of Chief Technology Officer Officer (CTO) . A specialized executive who can on the one hand provide a solution to a client’s technological problems but also understand and identify a client’s needs. Here it is an interdisciplinary field where the starting point can be computer science, engineering, but also the departments of organization and business administration.
Of course, these are just a few of the dozens of dynamic occupations and industries often listed in relevant literature and studies. This is also why every young person and every family should carefully plan their next academic steps with the help of expert scientists and guidance counselors and not just focus on general details such as e.g. the pedestals. After all, admission to a school, to a department, is the first of many steps we will take in our professional career.
Dr. Tausanis Christos, scientific director EMPLOY EDU Education & Career Consultants – www.employ.edu.gr
Theodoros Kalaitzidis, President of the DIAKROTIMA Group – AFTER SCHOOL – Mathematician, www.diakrotima.gr
University of the Aegean: Until May 5, applications for graduate teacher seminars
University of Patras – University of Nicosia: Scholarships at a distance Special Education and Intercultural Master via alfavita.gr
How to become an adult trainer with a salary of 3080 euros per month
University of Patras: Individualized Seminar for Special Education Teachers – Only €12 per month
ASEP – Anticipate announcements: get English certification online in just 2 days for 111 euros
ECDL standard qualification required – IT certification for only 100 euros